At a Glance (updated 5/24/2022):
Important Time and Date Information:
- Show Dates: April 20-23, 2023
- Artist hours of exhibition: 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM on Thursday, 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM on Friday and Saturday, and 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM on Sunday (Note: the event itself doesn’t close until 10:00 PM on Thursday, 11:00 PM on Friday and Saturday, and 8:00 PM on Sunday. Artists are invited to remain open as they wish during those later hours).
- Application process opens: July 15, 2022.
- Application deadline: Wednesday, October 12, 2022
- Artist Jury: November 1 and 2, 2022
- Acceptance notification, contract and Artist Guide e-mailed: November 15, 2022, 11:59 PM
- Artist registration packet and booth fees due: December 2, 2022.
- Accepted artists posted on Website: December 9, 2022.
- Last day to cancel with refund: January 27, 2023.
- Load in: April 18 & 19, 2023.
- Artist Awards Ceremony and Breakfast: April 8, 2023
Application Fee (non-refundable):
- $35.00 per application.
- Single booth, 10’ x 10’ space: $950
- Corner booth, 10’ x 10’: $1100
- Double booth: Not available, unless an artist has been accepted in more than one category, or with more than one body of work.
- Electricity is available for each artist.
Number of Artists: 220, including 20 Emerging Artists and 28 award winners from previous year..
Number of Applications Received: Approximately 1000 applications were received in 2022.
Jurors: Five paid Art Professionals (local, regional or national), including two working artists.
Jury Format: Two rounds over two days. First round scored on a 1 – 7 basis. Top 50% advance into second round, scored again on a 1 – 7 basis, with discussion. Local artists residing within the Metroplex will automatically advance to the second round.
Jury Process: Images are projected (projected jury) on 48″ x 48″ screens by state-of-the-art projectors direct from digital media. This is a blind jury – names are not revealed to the jurors. Images are viewed with image 1 on the left, and the booth image on the right. Four images of work are required, along with a booth image (Emerging Artist applicants may substitute another image of their work in place of the booth image – simply say, “YES,” when asked if your image is your booth shot). Viewing is horizontal. Artists are viewed in the order in which their application was received.
Multiple Applications: If an artist has work in different media categories, or distinctly separate bodies of work within one category, they may apply with multiple applications. Each separate application may require a different profile within Zapplication be set up.
Cash Awards: Up to $15,000 awarded to seven Merit Award Winners, and a Best of Show Winner. An Emerging Artist Best of Show is also awarded.
Number of Artists Exempt from Jury: 28, including six artist advisory committee members who work year-round to help improve the MAIN ST. Fort Worth Arts Festival.
Parking: Fee-based parking is available throughout Downtown. The Festival does not provide free or reserved parking at this time.
Load-in: Scheduled load-in process allows ample room. We utilize a remote check-in, staging and organized move in process.
Artist Attendance: The artist on record as of the date of the jury, and the collaborator on record as of the date of the jury, MUST be in attendance at the show.
Booth Shot: A booth shot is mandatory and is used for scale and presentation only. Work on exhibit in the booth image are not automatically allowed into the show. Only the images presented in the jury process representing the body of work submitted will be used to determine booth content for the show.
Attendance: Tens of thousands.